What is Libertarianism and how do I get involved?
What is a Libertarian?
Here are several statements to capture what libertarians by and large believe.
- Every individual owns their life, body and property
- No individual has the right to hurt others or take their stuff
- Social and Economic arrangements should be based on consent
- Consent breeds reciprocity, accountability and community
- Libertarians promote tolerance of consensual social and economic arrangements
- Political solutions are often removed from consent
- Political solutions require political battles that come down to 51% imposing their whims on the other 49%
- Political battles often result in creating social division and distrust (elections often become about fear of opposition)
- Less political solutions and more solutions based on individual consent is what Libertarians seek
Videos about what is Libertarianism
What is Libertarianism
Libertarians Believe in Tolerance
What is a Libertarian
Alex Merced on Public Radio about Libertarianism
How and Why to be Involved with the Libertarian Party
The Aspirational Libertarian
Libertarianism Put Simply
Where to Meet Other Libertarians