Libertarian 101

What is Libertarianism and how do I get involved?

What is a Libertarian?

Here are several statements to capture what libertarians by and large believe.

  • Every individual owns their life, body and property
  • No individual has the right to hurt others or take their stuff
  • Social and Economic arrangements should be based on consent
  • Consent breeds reciprocity, accountability and community
  • Libertarians promote tolerance of consensual social and economic arrangements
  • Political solutions are often removed from consent
  • Political solutions require political battles that come down to 51% imposing their whims on the other 49%
  • Political battles often result in creating social division and distrust (elections often become about fear of opposition)
  • Less political solutions and more solutions based on individual consent is what Libertarians seek

Videos about what is Libertarianism

What is Libertarianism

Libertarians Believe in Tolerance

What is a Libertarian

Libertarian Resources

Alex Merced on Public Radio about Libertarianism

How and Why to be Involved with the Libertarian Party

The Aspirational Libertarian

Libertarianism Put Simply

Where to Meet Other Libertarians